Sunday, November 27, 2011

I like messin' with the law.

So this weekend was just overflowing with excitement! Like for real...
Friday night I got pulled over for the first time.
I got pulled over for something OUTRAGEOUS.

Drunk. Frickin. Driving.

Was I drunk? Not in the littlest bit.
Do I drink? Not in the littlest bit. EVER.
Do I act like I'm drunk? Yes.
Do I wish I was drunk. Yes....*cough* no......
....Do any of these things matter? No, not in the littlest bit.

So my Hannah Katherine and I went on a little trip to Rexburg to get us some McDonald's.
Yes. Some McDonald's. At 10 in the PM
We got some shakes. And a three piece Chicken Selects to share.
We chilled at McDonald's until....midnight-ish.
We went for a drive. On our drive we saw about 3 cops.
I casually ask, "Hannah, have you ever been pulled over before?"
Hannah: "Yes."
Me: "Oh ya I remember that, 'Nathan switch me seats.' Haha, good times."
Me:"I'm pretty sure I'd pee my pants, or cry if I ever get pulled over."
We started back on the highway for home.
Not even 5 seconds later....I see flashing blue and red lights....coming for me.
"Me: Ew. What???"
So the cop pulls me over. He sits in his little cop car for like 5 minutes, finally comes over to us. And then asks: "Where are we coming from tonight?"
Me: "McDonald's"
Cop: "What happened at McDonald's?"
Hannah: "Shakes."
Cop: "Anything else I should know about?"
Me (inside my head): "HE THINKS WE'RE DRUNK?!"
Cop: "You ran over the fog lines a FEW times."
Me: "What's a fog line?"
Cop: "The WHITE lines."
Me: "Oh, I didn't notice. I'm cold, maybe I was adjusting the heat and a swerved and didn't notice."
Cop: "I'm going to need to see your license and registration. And just because I think you're intoxicated, I'm going to need to see you're insurance. I've had too many drunk driving accidents where the insurance didn't cover anything."
Me: "I've never been pulled over before, I don't even know what any of that looks like."

Hannah just knows everything and pulls all the documents out. I'm so glad she was there with me :)
We find the insurance, but it's expired. Oops.
Hannah: "A few times is like 3!! We just got pulled over for drunk driving!!!"

So long story short, he gave me a warning for being intoxicated (which I most definitely wasn't). Then he wrote me a $126.50 ticket for my expired insurance.
I have a court date to waiver the ticket if I can find proof of my valid insurance.
So yes. Hannah and I are just really excited we had that experience together.

Of course, I would be pulled over for drunk driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment