Monday, April 30, 2012

Sometimes I think about the future.

So the last blog post was a little depressing, I apologize, but my heart was hurting that night and I felt better as soon as I wrote about it. 

So today's post is just about a little something I've realized.  I'm so thankful I decided to go to college to further my education.  I'm going to be a teacher!

BUT right now...I work in a grease pit.  I flip burgers, I make pizza, I make every kind of shake you could think of. And then I clean it all up.  All of that, plus the food you, the customer, decided to spill or smash in every possible crease and crevice of Big J's.
And I get paid just a quarter over minimum wage. 
Tonight was a rough night at work, which made me even more thankful for going to college!  After I get my degree, I won't have to work in a food joint EVER again.  Thank heavens!   I can't wait to have a job where I actually enjoy working and I enjoy the people I work with:


Children!

Oh and I also realized today that today would've been a real nice day to go to the future, 15 years from now, married to a billionaire, sipping an ice cold lemonade on the beach...
instead of taking a 30 minute shower ridding myself of the insane amounts of grease lodged in my pours.

This isn't a depressing post. It's just one of me conveying my excitement for the future. The future that won't hold a fast food joint.
Thank you and goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment